Durham Region Photographer - Preparing for Your Cake Smash Session
Updated: Jun 18, 2018
1. I recommend introducing cake to your little ones before their session. This helps to get your little one use to cake so it's not too new and scary for them a their session.
2. It's also a good idea to let them get messy, whether it be yogurt or play-dough, just something to get them use to the idea of squishing icing. Many little ones don't enjoy getting messy, and avoid playing with their cake. This will help get them interested in actually smashing their cake.
3. I recommend bringing a fork or spoon. This can be for your little one to use when they decide they don't want to touch the cake or for you, so you don't have to get messy, when it's your turn to smash the cake for them.
4. Bring a snack they like, sometimes to get your little one interested in their cake I get you to stick a snack that they enjoy in the back of the cake.
5. Be prepared for tears, they happen often at cake smash sessions, so bring something that makes your little one happy.
Jennifer MacCallum specializes in newborn and maternity photography, offering all varieties of photography. If you'd like to book a session please contact Jennifer. Her studio is located in Whitby Ontario (Brooklin) but she photographs families all over Durham, including, Oshawa, Pickering, Ajax, Bowmanville, Courtice and Port Perry.